Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, Feb. 13. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Odessa City Council is scheduled to vote today to call an election so Odessans can decide whether to expand the board after a year of turmoil by adding a new council man elected citywide and giving the mayor a vote.
2. Passions were raised by county commissioners and employees Monday as commissioners unanimously agreed to place a county assistance sales tax district proposal on the May election ballot, after it had previously been rejected last November.
3. Odessa police charged a couple Friday after one of them reportedly crashed her vehicle while she was driving intoxicated with her two children inside.
4. The Crisis Center of West Texas was the winner on Saturday during Dancing with the West Texas Stars with more than $280,000 raised.
5. The Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees will consider and hear presentations on a new Boys and Girls Club for West Odessa, a student survey and a third-party partnership for its fifth-year improvement required schools at a work study session set for 6 p.m. today.
6. BONUS: IN SPORTS: The Odessa College Wranglers made things harder than they needed to be Monday, but they escaped the Chaparral Center with a 78-77 overtime victory over Midland College to remain unbeaten in Western Junior College men’s basketball action.