Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, April 25. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees will have a special meeting with its attorneys at 6 p.m. Thursday to talk about a proposed contract with the Texas Tech University College of Education to make Ector Middle School into an in-district charter school.
2. The Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees approved rezoning changes for elementary and middle schools to alleviate campus overcrowding.
3. The Odessa City Council approved temporarily lowering the speed limit on University Boulevard to 30 miles per hour during construction set to begin in the coming months to widen the thoroughfare.
4. The Odessa’s Education Foundation announced Tuesday that their 17th annual fundraising concert will feature legendary singer-songwriter, record producer, record executive and co-founder of Motown Records, Smokey Robinson.
5. IN SPORTS: Caden Bedrick’s two-run single in the bottom of the seventh inning Tuesday lifted the Permian Panthers baseball team to a 5-4 victory over Amarillo Tascosa in District 2-6A baseball action at McCanlies Field.