Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Monday, April 23. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The Ector County Commissioners Court is expected to consider today whether or not to publish a notice of intent to issue $85 million of public debt for a new courthouse.
2. Amid a renewed push by county and city officials to build a new courthouse, one business owner could face negotiating with her public official bosses about buying her private business. But county officials, trying to build public support for the project, say they can avoid the perception of any conflict.
3. Ector County Commissioners will consider proposed additions, upgrades and modifications to the Ector County Law Enforcement Center jail expansion project today during their regularly scheduled meeting.
4. St. John’s Episcopal School’s Board Trustees and Friends of St. John’s are planning a Blue and Red Bash starting at 6 p.m. Saturday at the Odessa Country Club, 1 Fairway Drive.
5. IN SPORTS: Even as driving wind whipped through Ratliff Stadium, and unfavorable conditions pushed around the field events venue nearby, that wasn’t going to stop the gathered Special Olympics athletes from getting on that track, or stepping in that throwing circle.