Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Monday, April 2. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. The possibility of another bond and tax ratification election, rezoning of elementary and middle schools and reconfiguration of elementary schools will be tackled by the Ector County Independent School District Board of Trustees during a special workshop meeting set for 6 p.m. Tuesday in the board room of the administration building, 802 N. Sam Houston Ave.
2. The City of Odessa will abandon plans to preserve the sign of the Scott Theater, after engineers deemed the art deco relic of a more vibrant downtown unsalvageable.
3. In the nooks and crannies of the Odessa Police Department, evidence from the variety of cases they tackle is kept in storage. Anything can come in as evidence from beer cans and bats to knives, guns and drugs.
4. Before a group of family members and students, a Buddy Bench at Gonzales Elementary School was dedicated to a former student at the school. Isaiah Garza was a third-grader at Gonzales who died of leukemia July 24, 2016.
5. IN SPORTS: The Odessa College Wranglers are still in a logjam near the top of the WJCAC baseball standings, but gained some separation from part of the pack this weekend by sweeping a four-game series from Western Texas College.