Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Tuesday, April 17. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. Odessa isn’t a small city anymore. But the Odessa City Council acts like it when it comes to ethics filings that state law requires for politicians in cities of Odessa’s size.
2. Ector County Independent School District will host a series of meetings this week on proposed boundary changes within the school district.
3. The 20th Mudbug fundraiser is set for today on the grounds at Ector County Coliseum, where Meals on Wheels of Odessa will look to raise a sizable chunk of its income for the year.
4. A probable cause affidavit detailed the sexual abuse reportedly committed against a 10-year-old girl by friends of her family who were charged by police last week.
5. IN SPORTS: Odessa High has a chance to clinch a playoff spot when it hosts crosstown-rival Permian in District 2-6A play at 4:30 p.m. at Pressly Field.