Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Friday, April 13. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. A pre-trial hearing for 23-year-old Elizabeth Grace McDonald was pushed back Thursday after she was arrested Wednesday after reportedly violating bond conditions.
2. A woman eight months pregnant and an elderly couple were injured in a rollover crash Thursday afternoon.
3. Community colleges from across Texas and the nation gathered this week at Odessa College to share ideas about improving student outcomes.
4. The City of Odessa’s sales tax revenue in April showed another major increase amid growth in the local economy, totaling about 45 percent greater than the same period of 2017 and topping the monthly collection of Midland.
5. In an effort to battle distracted driving, the Texas Department of Transportation is spreading its ‘Heads up, Texas’ campaign across the state, bringing with it a virtual reality booth to 19 cities, including to Midland on May 1.
6. EXTRA!: West Texans are encouraged to exercise extreme caution today to prevent fires from starting amid high winds and dry conditions. Click the link below for safety tips.