The Odessa City Council will consider approving appointments to 12 different boards and committees during their regularly scheduled meeting Tuesday.
The Council will meet to vote on these appointments and other issues at 6 p.m. Tuesday on the fifth floor of City Hall, 411 W. Eighth St.
Former District 3 Council Member Barabara Graff is one of many names listed on the agenda under board nominees. The council will vote to appoint her as a whole to the Ector County Appraisal District Board, and District 1 City Council Member Malcolm Hamilton also nominated her to serve on the Midland Odessa Urban Transit District Board. Graff’s term on council ended in December after she reached the limits of terms she could serve.
County commissioners are also included on the list of nominees. Mari Willis nominated Precinct 4 Commissioner Armando Rodriguez to serve on the Midland Odessa Urban Transit District Board, and Ector County nominated Dale Childers to serve on the Emergency 9-1-1 Advisory Board
The agenda shows a Mayor Pro Tem will also be appointed, to lead city council meetings when Mayor David Turner is absent. It also states that council will look at “establishing duties for Council members.”
IN OTHER BUSINESS, THE CITY WILL
- Consider approval of City Council minutes, Dec. 11, 2018.
- Consider approval of City Council Retreat minutes.
- Consider approval of City Council Work Session minutes, Jan. 2, 2019.
- Consider authorizing the City of Odessa Police Department to apply for and accept; amending the fiscal budget to appropriate awarded funds as additional revenue and authorizing the expenditure of awarded grant funds from the 2020 STEP Speed, occupant Protection, Intersection Traffic Control, Distracted Driving and Driving While Intoxicated Grant.
- Consider a bid award approving the replacement of the playground safety surface material at Progressive Park for $375,298.
- Consider award of bid for asbestos abatement and demolition of three commercial structures.
- Consider annual contract for the purchase of sodium hydroxide for $205,000.
- Consider approval for the purchase of two Animal Control trucks for $141,040.
- Consider purchase of roll-off trucks for Solid Waste for $390,956.
- Consider purchase of trucks for OPD for $123,125.
- Open a public hearing to consider approval of the request by 2012 Cross B, LLC, owner, for original zoning of Special Dwelling District (SPD) on an approximately 55.47 acre tract of land, Section 46, Block 41, T-1-S, T&P RR. Co. Survey, Ector and Midland Counties (northeast of the vicinity of proposed E. Yukon Rd. and Aaron Parker Rd. south of the city limit line). (First approval.)
- Open a public hearing to consider approval of the request by Crossroads Fellowship and Compass Academy Charter School, Inc., owners, and LCA, agent, for original zoning of Multi-FamilyOne (MF-1) on an approximately 6.1 acre tract in Section 9, Block 41, T-2-S, T&P RR Co. Survey, Ector County, Texas (southeast of the corner of 56th St. and Billy Hext Road) (First approval.)
- Consider amending the Odessa City Code Chapter 1, “General Provisions”, Article 1-2, “Administration”, by adding a new section 1-2-7 “City Limits in 1998” uncontestable finding. (First approval.)
- Consider amending the Odessa City Code Chapter 1 relating to board members, their appointment and terms. (First Approval)
- Consider accepting donations from Chevron Products Company and Occidental Petroleum Corporation and appropriating the funds to Odessa Fire Rescue.