To submit a health brief, email submissions to email@example.com. Entry deadline is 5 p.m. Tuesday for consideration for the following Monday’s edition.
Spanish for your health lecture
Medical Center Health System has scheduled a health lecture in Spanish on the healthcare market places or healthcare exchanges from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Salinas Community Park. The topic is “Helping you better understand the healthcare market places and MCHS’s role in helping you and your family.” The lecture is free and open to the public for ages 14 and older. Registration is required. Seating is limited. To register or for more information, call Patricia Garcia at 640-2243 or email PGarcia@echd.org.
ON THE NET: www.mchodessa.com
Tobacco cessation classes to begin
The Ector County Health Care Coalition is now offering free tobacco cessation classes from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. each Tuesday in Classroom B at the Center for Health and Wellness, 8050 E. Highway 191.
Registration is required. Class size is limited. To register or for more information, call 640-1160.
MIDLAND The Ostomy Association of West Texas has scheduled a meeting at 2:30 p.m. Feb. 16 and March 16 at the Midland Memorial Hospital, West campus, 4214 Andrews Highway, Midland. Refreshments will be served. For more information, call 550-6462.
ON THE NET: www.ostomy.org
BSSH patients in need of travel bags
BIG SPRING Big Spring State Hospital patients returning home to family and loved ones are in need of suitcases and large luggage to transport their belongings. “It’s something we don’t normally ask for because we receive many donations of suitcases and bags at The Chalet Resale Shop,” Community Relations Director Jamey Stegall said. “But for some reason, we recently ran short of luggage and we are asking the community for their help once again.” Many patients arrive at the hospital with little if no changes of clothing, Stegall said. But many leave with several outfits after visiting the hospital’s Fashion Shop. The Fashion Shop is the hospital’s on-campus clothing store where patients shop for clothing during their treatment. All clothing is free and donated by members of the community and organized by the Volunteer Services Council. All donations are tax-deductible, he said. Suitcases, travel and duffel bags can be taken to the Community Relations office near the front entrance of the hospital’s south gate, Stegall said. Or they can be taken to The Chalet Resale Shop, 115 E. Second St., where they will be held for patient use. For more information, call 432-268-7535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has scheduled the 2014 Point In Time Survey to take place on Jan. 23, 2014. Donation items are needed to be distributed to the local homeless families and individuals during Odessa’s homeless count.
Items needed include new blankets, long johns, sweatshirt, winter gloves, hats, scarves, socks or a $25 donation to purchase winter items. Volunteers are also needed to distribute surveys to all the homeless people in the area. Call 582-0099 or email email@example.com.
- Men with Multiple Sclerosis support group has been newly formed for our West Texas area for men with this debilitating disease to participate in future meetings. Call Jerry Savoy at 296-2368 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grief Share Grief Recovery Support Group meets at 7 p.m. Thursdays at St. Andrew Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 1415 N. Grandview Ave. Registration is required. Call 580-9990
- Food Addicts Anonymous has scheduled meetings from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Fridays at La Hacienda, B & J Plaza, lower level, 206 N. Midkiff Road, Midland. Call 553-1031.
- Overeaters Anonymous 12-step support group program meets from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Tuesdays and from 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sundays at La Hacienda B & J Plaza, lower level, 206 N. Midkiff Road, Suite 1-D, Midland. Call 553-1031. Visit www.oa.org.
- Alcoholics Anonymous. Call 580-7868 for times, dates and locations of the meetings.
- The Compassionate Friends of West Texas - Heart to Heart meets at 7 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at Big Daddy’s Catfish and Grill, 1121 E. 42nd St. Visit www.facebook.com/CompassionateFriendsWestTexasHearttoHeart.
- Narcotics Anonymous. Call 582-2926 for times, dates and locations of the meetings.
- The Crisis Center has scheduled support groups for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Victims/Survivors. Women of Purpose (Domestic Violence) will meet at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. Women of Worth (Sexual Assault) will meet at 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month. Call for meeting location at 333-2527or for more information, visit www.odessacrisiscenter.com.
- MIDLAND Hospice Midland Inspiration Center, 4629 Andrews Highway, Midland, has scheduled a Family Caregiver Support Workshop Series at 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. the third Thursday of each month. Area residents are invited to attend these workshops that are designed to help them cope with the responsibilities of caring for an aging loved one. For reservations, call 432-689-4663 or email Caitlin.email@example.com.
- Interim Healthcare and Hospice Grief Support Group, 500 N. Washington Ave. Suite 700, meets at 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. Cost is free and open to the public. Call 550-7593 or email Langston@interimtx.com.
- Cancer Survivorship Through Art Program meets at 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. every first and third Friday of the month at Medical Center Hospital Wheatley Stewart Conference room, 540 W. Fifth St. The event is free and open to the public. Call Lorita Kelly 640-1578.
>> Medical Center Hospital Diabetes Support Group meets at 5:30 p.m. the last Tuesday of each month January through November at Redeemer Lutheran Fellowship Hall, 824 East 18th. Entrance and parking on south side of church. Call 640-2162 or 640-2128.
- Medical Center Hospital’s Stroke Support Group from noon to 2 p.m. on the second Saturday of each month at MCH Center for Health and Wellness, 8050 Highway 191. The meetings are free and open to those affected by stroke, survivors, caregivers, family and friends. For stroke warnings signs information, call Karry Morris at 640-2331. For group information, call Paula Waldrop at 640-1132.
- MIDLAND Area Support Group meets at 6:30 p.m. the first Monday of each month at Health South Rehab Hospital, 1800 Heritage Blvd., Midland.
- MIDLAND Pro Life Midland has scheduled prayer meetings on behalf of the unborn at risk of abortion from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. each Friday at Planned Parenthood, 307 E. Texas Ave., Midland.
- MIDLAND The West Texans Living with Chronic Fatigue/Fibromyalgia Syndromes meets from noon to 1 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Rays of Hope, 900 W. Wall St., Midland. Call 520-3500 or visit www.fmnetnews.com or www.cfids.org.
- Parkinson’s Caregivers meets at 1 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at First Baptist Church Parlor, 709 N. Lee Ave. Call 366-6838.
- Parkinson’s Support Group meets at 1:30 p.m. on the first Monday of each month at Lincoln Towers, 311 W. Fourth St. Call 366-1593 and 366-6838.
- PECOS The Pecos Alzheimer’s Caregivers Support Group meets at 4 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Pecos Senior Center, 119 S. Cedar. Call (800) 272-3900.
- PFLAG Odessa (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians & Gays) meets at 7 p.m. Jan. 9 on the first Monday of each month at Alternative Life Solutions Counseling, 2458 E. 11th St. Call 559-5909 or 202-6514 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pflagodessa.weebly.com.
- Permian Basin A.W.A.K.E. support group meets from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. the first Thursday of each month at the Permian Basin Sleep Center, 600 N. Washington Ave.
- The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder support group meets at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Veterans Administration Medical Center, 300 Veterans Blvd., Big Spring. Call 432-213-0494.
- Safe Place of the Permian Basin support groups for victims of family violence. There is no fee to attend, call 580-5970.
- SAM (Sharing All Memories) grief support group meets from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on the last Saturday of the month at New Day Counseling, 822 N. Lee Ave. Call 332-5645.
- The Bariatric Surgery Public Education Seminar meets at 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month at the Medical Center Hospital Board Room.
- The Bariatric Surgery Support Group meets from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at MCH Auditorium. For information, call 640-3550.
- The Odessa Alzheimer’s Family Support Group meets at 7:15 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Sherwood Place, 3939 E. 52nd St. Call 362-5006.
- The West Texas Amputee Support Group meets from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the third Saturday of each month at HealthSouth. Call 550-4371.
- The West Texas Healthy Marriage Project. Seminars scheduled from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. every Thursday. Admission is free. Call 889-5310 for locations.
- The West Texas Twilight Visions, a free support group for the blind or visually impaired, meets at 1 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of each month at 3106A Kermit Highway. Call Mary Beazley at 366-5090.
- Birthright of Odessa, 2125 E. 42nd St., is offering free pregnancy testing from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 332-0081.
- The Medical Center Hospital ProCare is offering free pregnancy testing from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sundays at the both local Wal-Mart Clinics, 4210 JBS Parkway and at 2450 W. Loop 338. Call 362-2685 for Wal-Mart East or 332-2695 for Wal-Mart West.
- The Medical Center Hospital offers free pregnancy testing clinic from 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. each Thursday at MCH Pregnancy Testing Clinic, 415 W. Fifth Street.
- The Texas Tech Physicians Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is offering free walk-in confidential pregnancy testing at its Odessa clinic, 701 W. Fifth St., street across from Medical Center Hospital. Call 335-2222 or follow on Twitter at @ttuhscnews or visit http://texaslsg.org/texasonthebrink/?p1.
- Medical Center Hospital Women’s Imaging Center, 318 N. Alleghaney, Suite 101, is offering free 40th birthday mammograms. A physician’s order is required. This free offer is only good for 40th Birthday Mammograms, and does not apply to additional tests or procedures that may be associated with your mammogram. Please bring a valid photo I.D. indicating age and date of birth to the appointment. This offer is only open to residents in our 17 county service area. Saturday appointments are also available. Call 640-2255.
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AGENCIES
- A.C.T.S (Alcohol Chemical Treatment Series) The 12-step recovery group meets at 10 a.m. each Sunday at the Life Challenge, 4500 N. Grandview Ave. Call 208-8197 or 363-5433.
- Alternative Life Solutions Counseling, 2458 East 11th St. Call 582-2444.
- Basin Detox System Inc., 1711 WCR 140, Midland. Available 24 hours, seven days a week. Call 520-2990.
- Faith Temple Fellowship and FootPrints Ministries have teamed up to help out individuals with addictions at 8 p.m. each Thursday at Faith Temple Fellowship, 1335 E. Sixth St. Small fee for materials. Call Donny Kyker at 559-9165.
- Narcotics Anonymous offers substance abuse problem support. For meeting information, call 582-2926.
- New Day Counseling offers DWI intervention class (repeat offenders), drug offender education, anger management and cognitive intervention program. To make an appointment, call 332-5645 or go by the office at 404 E. Seventh St. Website: www.newdaycounsel.com.
- Nonsmoking AA meets from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each Tuesday at St Barnabas Episcopal Church Library, 4141 Tanglewood Lane. Call 550-9601.
- Odessa Al Anon meetings for friends and families of problem drinkers have been scheduled, the Tanglewood Al Anon family group meets from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each Thursday at St. Barnabas Episcopal Church Library, 4141 Tanglewood Lane. The Suburban Al Anon family group meets at noon to 1 p.m. Tuesdays and from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Saturdays and from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays all at Alcoholics Anonymous building, 2433 E. 11th St. These meetings are smoke free meetings. Call 367-2701.
- Outcry in the Barrio Center is offering a faith base program for individuals with drug or alcohol problems. Call 335-8925.
- Permian Basin Community Centers, Turning Point, 2000 Maurice Road, Odessa. State funding available for low income/indigent. Call 580-2654.
- Permian Basin Regional Council on Alcohol & Drug Abuse, offers information about alcohol abuse and counseling. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 24-hour Crisis Line. Call 580-5100 or visit the facility at 120 E. Second St., in the Martin Luther King Center.
- Samaritan Counseling Center of West Texas Inc., West County Road 116, Midland. The center offers individual, marital, and family counseling, crisis intervention, play and art therapy for children, addiction and eating disorders recovery, therapy for cutting behaviors, pain management, specialized therapy for senior citizens and their caregivers, diagnosis and treatment of various attention disorders, new testing components for children, a comprehensive package of services to recent Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans and families with free counseling for marriage and family problems, anxiety, depression, grief, post traumatic stress and career counseling. Medicaid and insurance accepted. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Call 563-4144.
- Stop Smoking with hypnosis by Daylan Smith, sessions are private and confidential. Also offered are weight control, grief counseling, insomnia, stress, relationships and confidence. Call 557-0632.
- Texas Quitline offers free advice, counseling, gum, patches or lozenges for smokers who want to quit smoking. Hours of operation are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Visit: www.dshs.state.tx.us/tobacco/. Call 1-877-YES-QUIT (877-937-7848).
- MIDLAND Texas Tech Physicians of the Permian Basin, 301 N. N St., Midland, are offering adult or children IVA+Plus computerized testing for Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). Testing is $150 and is not covered by health insurance. To make an appointment or for information, call 620-5800.
- ABLE Center for Independent Living, 1931 E. 37th St., Suite 1, offers the following for individuals with disabilities; Learn Rosette Stone Español from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays; seated exercise class, 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays through Friday; wellness class, 5:15 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays; and resume writing and job interviewing class, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. third Thursday of each month. Call 580-3439 or visit www.ablecenterpb.org.
- Area Agency of Aging of the Permian Basin of Midland provides services to individuals age 60 and older, their families, caregivers and others who help them such as friends and neighbors. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 563-1061 or (800) 491-4636.
- Big Spring State Hospital welcomes donated clean gently used warm clothing for patients in need. Donations may be taken to the community relations office near the south entrance of the hospital, 1901 N. U.S. Highway 87. Call 432-268-7535 or email email@example.com.
- Care Improvement Plus provides specialized Medicare coverage for underserved and chronically ill beneficiaries throughout the state. To learn more, call 866-727-6646 or visit www.careimprovementplus.com.
- Disability Claim Service, 835 Tower Drive, Suite 17, represents and assists Social Security Disability applicants. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday. Call 580-5580.
- Home Instead Senior Care offers companionship, personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, errands and shopping services for seniors who want to remain in their homes as they age. The center is currently offering a free Family Caregiver Support Workshop Series from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the third Thursday of each month at Hospice Midland Inspiration Center, 4629 Andrews Highway, Midland. Reservations are required. Free senior emergency kits are also being offered. Kits include a checklist of important contact names and information, a medication tracker, allergies/conditions worksheet, a senior health tracker magnet, a wallet card to carry when away from home and more. Home Instead Senior Care and the Arthritis Foundation have joined and produced a series to help those who care for seniors with arthritis. Home Instead Senior Care is also offering free training for families caring for Alzheimer’s and other dementias family members. Call 689-4663 or visit homeinstead.com/midlandtx, ww.senioremergencykit.com or HelpforAlzheimersFamilies.com. Home Instead Senior Care is located at 1030 Andrews Highway, Suite 223, Midland.
- Permian Basin Rehabilitation Center, 620 N. Alleghaney Ave., offers occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy and audiology.
- The Hearing Loss Association of America of the Permian Basin Chapter meets at 10 a.m. on the third Saturday of each month through November at 4312 Ridgedale Ave. For information, call 272-1674 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.hearingloss.org.
- Volunteers are needed to mow the lawns of seniors and disabled individuals. Call Odessa Links, 582-0099.
- Wishes on Wheels offers electric power wheelchairs to nonambulatory senior citizens (65 years and older) and the permanently disabled of any age, if they qualify. For information or to check on qualifications, call 800-823-5220
- Miracle on Wheels offers public awareness about wheel chair assistance options for seniors and the disabled. Call 800-771-9243 or 800-400-4210.
- The Recording Library of West Texas offers listeners podcasts via the iPhone and iPad. Local and national newspapers, grocery store ads and all other podcasts will be available for download. The Recording Library needs volunteers to read the local newspapers. Volunteer hours are from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays. The Telephone Reader is a free service for the blind and physically disabled. The Telephone Reader’s phone number is 617-5555. Call 682-2731 or visit www.recordinglibrary.org.
DIVORCE AND COUNSELING AGENCIES
- ACT Counseling Management Corp., 2445 E. 11th St. Hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, some evenings and Saturdays. Call 333-3667.
- Alternative Life Solutions Counseling, 2458 East 11th St. Call 582-2444.
- MIDLAND BCA Permian Basin, 3300 S. FM1788, Midland, offers confidential assessments for senior adult patients suffering a mental health crisis and for the emotional and behavioral needs for children ages 5-12. Call 561-5915, toll free 877-821-1758 or visit www.bcapermianbasin.com.
- Centers for Children and Families, 835 Tower Drive, Suite 1, Odessa. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Thursday; 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday; and 8 a.m. to noon Friday. Call 580-7006 or 570-1084 (Midland).
- The Children’s Connections, a non-profit organization, is offering two free parenting programs designed to strengthen families. The Children’s Connections’ Strengthening Families Program will utilize the Project SafeCare and Parenting Wisely program models to educate parents who are at risk of child abuse and maltreatment. Call 432-270-8299, 800-456-4862, e-mail Judy@childrensconnections.org or visit childrensconnections.org.
- Dixie Jones, LPC, licensed professional counselor, offers hypnotherapy, energy psychology, cognitive behavioral therapy and coaching. Call 553-4005.
- Jean Jackson, MA, LPC, licensed professional counselor. Hours are 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Thursday. 855 Central Drive. Call 580-7250.
- Robbie Jones, MA, LPC, RPT, a licensed professional counselor and registered play therapist, offers children and adult therapy. Call 557-8687.
- Samaritan Counseling Center, 10008 Pilot Ave., Midland, offers free counseling to veterans, active military and their family members. To donate or for fundraising event information, call 563-4144 or visit www.samaritanccwtx.org.
- Trans Texas Counseling offers confidential individual, family and marital counseling, anger management and substance abuse services. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Call 333-9590.
- West Texas Area Counseling Center, 6010 E. Highway 191, Suite 120, Odessa. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Evening appointments may be arranged. Call 550-3838 or 552-0230.
- BIG SPRING The West Texas Centers offers a 24-hour mental health crisis hotline for people who need immediate assistance in 23 West Texas rural counties. Call 800-375-4357.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AGENCIES
- Safe Place of Odessa and Midland assists victims of domestic violence, counseling, support groups, children’s programs, battering intervention prevention program, legal advocacy, education, community awareness and training, community resource referral for victims of physical, emotional, sexual abuse. Shelter is also provided for victims and their children as well as nonresident services to 15 counties. Call 580-5970 between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or 24-hour hotline at 570-1465 or 800-967-8928.
- The Crisis Center/Angel House of Odessa and Midland provides a safe haven for battered women and children to assist them in finding a way out of the abuse. Angel House provides victims of violence in the home with the opportunity to reclaim their lives through advocacy, education, and safe shelter. Open 24 hours. Call the 24-hour hotline at 337-4081 or 866-627-4747. The Crisis Center of Odessa also provides services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, homicide, traffic fatalities or the suicide of a loved one free of charge in a seven-county service area. Administrative office is at 1211 N. Whitaker Ave., Odessa, 333-2527.
- JesusHouseOdessa.com offers food for the areas homeless and the needy. Donated perishable and nonperishable items welcomed. Deliver to 1335 E. Sixth St.cq Call 559-9165 for drop off times or for more information visit: www.jesushouseodessa.com.
- Bearly Unique Blessings Soup Kitchen, sponsored by Wake Up And Dream and Faith Temple Fellowship, offers lunch daily for the area homeless and needy. Volunteers and contributions are needed. Call 272-3443 or 208-6712. Contributions may be mailed to Wake Up And Dream, c/o Bearly Unique Blessings Soup Kitchen, 1335 E. Sixth St.cq , Odessa, Texas 79761.
- WEIGHT MANAGEMENTOdessa Regional Medical Center offers a free surgical weight loss information seminar from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at ORMC East Campus Auditorium, corner of Adams Avenue and Fifth Street. Reservations is recommended, but not required. Call 582-8677 or visit www.odessaregional.com.
- The Odessa Y, 3001 E. University Blvd., is offering free weight management sessions with a trainer upon membership. Call 362-4301.
Sport injury clinics
- Medical Center Hospital is offering sports injury clinics for injured athletes from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays, at the Center for Health & Wellness, 8050 E. Highway 191, Suite 104. A preliminary physician evaluation and x-ray will be performed at no cost, followed by an in- depth discussion with the athlete’s representatives concerning subsequent medical services. Athletes will be seen on a first come, first served basis. If further testing is required, a discussion with the responsible parties of athlete will follow. To schedule an appointment, call 640-6430 or visit www.mchodessa.com.
- The Odessa Regional Medical Center is offering sport physicals at three locations at Pediatric Clinic, Fifth Street and Muskingum Avenue; Complete Care, 3001 W. University Blvd. and at 7101 Eastridge Road. To schedule an appointment, call 582-8590 (Pediatric Clinic), 580-5966 (Complete Care-West Loop); or 550-0048 (Complete Care-Eastridge). Visit odessaregionalmedicalcenter.com.
REFERRAL CALL CENTER
- The Medical Center Health System Call Center is now providing physician referral information at 640-6000. This line is answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They also have bilingual operators to assist Spanish speakers. The MCH Call Center is also set up to help callers with information about MCH events, services, and classes. Visit www.mchodessa.com.
NEW MOTHERS & BABY
- Medical Center Hospital Center for Women and Infants offers a free Breastfeeding Drop-in Center for pregnant or nursing mothers from 10 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at the MCH Center for Women & Infants Classroom. Included free breastfeeding education, certified lactation consultants and one-on-one consultations. No appointments are needed and all consultations and services are provided free of charge to pregnant and nursing mothers. Call 640-6000 or visit http://www.mch4women.com/Baby-Cafe.aspx.
- The Medical Center Hospital Center for Women & Infants has scheduled Baby Steps Tours from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on the second Saturday of each month at the centers, first floor lobby. Baby Steps Tours gives expectant parents to become familiar with the centers amenities and services, to ask important questions and get to know our staff before the baby’s arrival. For more information, call 413-3249, 230-4037 or text BABY to 20673 to receive the latest centers information. Visit: www.mchodessa.com.
- Odessa Regional Medical Center Complete Care Clinics are offering flu shots for $20 at the following locations. Complete Care Eastridge, 7101 Eastridge Road, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 550-0048. Complete Care West Loop, 3001 W. University Blvd., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 580-5966 Pediatric after hours Clinic, at ORMC West Campus, corner of Fifth Street and Muskingum Avenue, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesdays and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday. Call 582-8590.
Complete Care Midland, 1701 N. Loop 250 W., Midland, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday. 522-5033. Skip the wait and go online to book your appointment at www.odessaregionalmedicalcenter.com/services/complete_care.
- The Midland Health & Senior Services, 3303 W. Illinois Ave. in pace 22 of the Kingsway Mall, is offering flu vaccine shots to those ages 65 and older for $35. Medicare will be accepted as payment. No appointment is necessary. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. to noon on Friday.
- Orchard Park of Odessa Assisted Living And Memory Care and Accolade Home Care has scheduled a Wellness Clinic from 10 a.m. to noon each Wednesday at Orchard Park Assisted Living and Memory Care, 8050 Dr. Emmet Headlee St. Blood pressure checks and physical therapy are included. To make an appointment, call 847-4700.