A 24-year-old Odessa man died in Martin County after he was electrocuted while working on overhead power lines, law enforcement officials said.
Dale Akin was working on overhead power lines Tuesday on FM 26 in Martin County near Knott when he was electrocuted, Martin County Sheriff John Woodward said. The initial 9-1-1 call was reported at coming in at 1:44 p.m.
Woodward said he was not sure of the name of the company Akin worked for, but knew it was a sub-contracting company owned by Endeavor Energy Services.
Akin’s co-workers drove and met emergency personal at F.M. 846 where life-saving procedures were performed before Akin was airlifted to Martin County Hospital, Woodward said. Akin reportedly arrived at the hospital around 2:51 p.m. and was later pronounced dead.
Woodward said the case was still being investigated and the final report should be finished today.