Ector County Commissioners will discuss whether to allow the Ector County Airport Advisory Board to purchase a new security system that will reportedly monitor more of Odessa-Schlemeyer Field.
Ector County Judge Susan Redford said the new system would be a more “comprehensive system that will provide better security for the ground.” The security system originally budgeted for the 2012-2013 fiscal year would cost about $29,795; the new system would cost about $37,268.
“All purchases have to go through the commissioners’ court,” Redford said.
Commissioner will also discuss approval of sending the Water Quality Program manager to the National Swimming Pool Foundation pool and spa certification program scheduled for March 4-6 in Phoenix, Ariz.
Redford said the commissioner had originally approved sending the program manager to New Orleans for training; however, the event in Phoenix better suited the county’s needs and was more cost efficient.
The money would come out the Ector County Health Department’s budget. After certification, the health department would be allowed to teach individuals with pools and spas how about better water quality.
Redford said she will not be present at Monday’s meeting. Ector County Commissioner Precinct 1 Freddie Gardner is scheduled to lead the meeting.
COMMISSIOENRS WILL ALSO:
- Discuss action regarding the county’s network infrastructure.
- Discuss a letter to Texas Agrilife indicating Ector County’s support and requests to hire a new Extension Agent.
- Discuss a memorandum of understanding between Ector County and Union Pacific Railroad Company.
- Discuss hiring a chare nurse for the Ector County Law Enforcement Center at a step 10.
- >> Discuss a request for the county to abandon a portion of Remington Road.
- Discuss action on the property located at 10577 W. 16th St.
- Discuss the Accounts Payable Fund Requirements Report for Dec. 10.