The Ector County Independent School District board is scheduled to meet at 6 p.m. Tuesday when trustees will look at approving class size waivers for the fall semester and approving a demolition proposal at Permian High School.
The district is requesting waivers in grades kindergarten through fourth for 18 campuses of 36 campuses at ECISD that have class sizes exceeding the state’s required limits.
UP FOR APPROVAL ON THE REGULAR AGENDA:
- Approval of Bowie Junior High for advanced history department overseas travel to Italy.
- Approval of TEA mandated school improvement goals.
- Approval of budget amendment.
- Approval of appointment of student health advisory council member.
- Approval of class size waiver for fall semester.
- Approval of past minutes.
- Approval of bills for payment.
- Approval of purchases more than $250,000.
- Acknowledgment of donations/gift.
- Approval of board policy on local compensation and benefits, expense reimbursement.
- Report on disposal of surplus equipment.
- Approval of Head Start vehicle service contract between ECISD and Greater Opportunities of the Permian Basin.
- Approval of contract for consultant services between ECISD and Montessori training center of the Permian Basin.
- Approval of Permian High School cheerleaders’ travel to Orlando, Fla.
- Asbestos abatement and demolition proposal for Permian High School renovations.
Announcements and presentations:
- National Merit Scholarship program honorees.
- World Class Leader in Education Award.
- District’s Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas report.
Follow reporter Lindsay Weaver on Twitter @OAschools.